We are pleased to announce that our review of Buck-Tick: The First Movie is now up over on Not Greatest Site! We hope you'll applaud our industriousness at making it happen so fast! Please leave your comments here.
For those of you who are in Japan, a few notes on the logistics of the movie-going:
1) Not to encourage the consumption of alcohol by fans or anything, but there's a bar at the movie theater.
2) The movie times are displayed on the web pages of the individual movie theaters. Each movie is only running for two weeks, so take care you don't miss them! The second movie opens this coming Saturday.
3) If you bought advance tickets, either through Pia or Fish Tank, you need to physically go to the movie theater in advance of the movie and exchange them for a same-day ticket with a seat reservation for a specific time. I have a feeling the theaters won't be so full during the weekdays, in the mornings, especially, but for weekend showings, if you don't go at least a day in advance, I think you're going to run the risk of either having to sit way down front or not getting a seat at all.
4) The schedule for Buck-Tick 2: Can't Stop the Phenomenon has not been announced yet. Buck-Tick: The First Movie is showing in theater 9 at Shinjuku Wald9 all week at 11AM and 6:30PM. We saw it in theater 6. Get it guys?
5) Not to encourage the fans to consume alcohol, but there's a bar at the theater that serves green cream soda chu-hi. (Actually not really. But they do have all kinds of other boozes. In their pain boozy style. Not to encourage fans to go to pot boozy night. But, y'know.)