Just a heads-up...the lyrics and translations to all the songs on Spirit are now up over at Not Greatest Site, so go ahead and read them! If you have comments, please leave them on this post.
Perhaps when the full album comes out, I'll write a review, but in the meantime, I have one comment, and it is this: there is nothing more goth than claiming in an interview that you see the word "mortal" in a positive light, as representing the essence of humanity, and then releasing an album in which you sing about the following themes -
1. Ecstatic Grief and Excruciating Pain (oh yeah, and some crying and weeping and pouring rain and razorblades and shooting for good measure)
2. The Joys of Theater (doesn't count because Mr. Sakurai didn't write that one)
3. Literally wanting to make out with Death so badly that you cut yourself and then pour your blood over some candles till it smokes and sizzles just like that strange boner you have for Death who you naturally imagine as someone hot because you are just that fucking goth, DEAL WITH IT
4. The Complete Annihilation of Cities (and possibly some good old post-destruction sexual tacos atop the smoking remains!)
5. Slowly forgetting the only memories you had of someone you loved who is now gone, but deciding that it's okay after all because everything dies but dreams are forever (shucks Hallmark should make a card out of that one!)
Now let's pour the wine, gaze somberly into the candlelit darkness of our solitary rooms, and ponder the brevity of joy and the pointlessness of existence, while touching ourselves. Because goth is nothing unless it hurts so good.