5.3.10

寿記 13.02.10 Music -1-

Stockhausen
Takahashi Yuuji
Klimperei
Xenakis
Brian Eno
John Cage
Robert Ashley
.
.
.
.
When I'm by myself, I often like to listen to music like this.

.

Avant-garde, ambient, collage, noise, glitch, toy music, New Age, chill-out, healing, modern music...

But there are really all kinds of genres.

Like furniture, or painting, or engraving.

I like to think of them as objets you enjoy with your ears.

There are a lot of songs shaped like something I'd like to decorate my room with and just look at.

.

For example....

.

.

Definitely, not a good dream.

Really, closer to a nightmare.

But, it's not mysterious or creepy.

It's a strange dream that you'd like to have more than once.

.

Or

.

Like Giorgio de Chirico's Melancholy and Mystery of a Street

.

Or

.

The ecstatic feeling you have when you see...

.

A giant factory in the middle of the night

Or

Some ruins with a beautiful feeling to them

(In the middle of our tour, the factories I saw from the highway when we were on the road in the bus in the middle of the night were great~)

.

But what I mean is

.

That there are a lot of those kinds of elements in this music.

.

I like to play it in my room while I'm taking my time to do some cooking.

It's not so good for cleaning, though.

It's dangerous.

The irregularity and dissonance captures my attention

And when there are rhythm shifts or no rhythm at all, I stop moving

So I can't clean efficiently at all.

(I just end up reading the last issue of TVBros.)

.
.
.

PenguinCafeOrchestra
Takemitsu Tooru
Steve Reich
Gel:
Eric Satie
Marei Suyama
Ueno Kouji

.
.
.

Greg Davis

.

Milan Knizak

.

They're great while reading on a rainy day, or while drinking red wine late at night.

.

ZNR

.
.

And there are still so many more...

I just put them on shuffle and keep listening to them.

IMAI 20:00






2 comments:

  1. I'm really grateful for your translation. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha xD Imai the househusband ♥ Thanks for the translation Cayce ^^
    ...Gabe...

    ReplyDelete

How have you been heart feeling?