...never heard, or just don't listen to enough! The sorts of songs you put in at karaoke and everyone goes, "...what? This song? I haven't heard it since it was released!" The sorts of songs Buck-Tick never even plays live (or has never played since the album tour). After posting the track list for the Best of For n00bs collection, I'm sure you're thinking, what Buck-Tick songs does Cayce suggest we listen to instead? These are them.
1. My Baby Japanese...it's the thematic sequel to "Sasayaki," but they have never once played it live, though the fans keep asking and asking.
2. Under the Moonlight...the only song Higuchi Yutaka ever wrote the lyrics to!
3. Kimi e...it should have been the theme song for Wolf's Rain. It probably inspired Wolf's Rain. (Along with "Rakuen.") I swear, the creator of Wolf's Rain is a flaming Buck-Tick fan. (And now you're asking me, what is Wolf's Rain and what is "Kimi e"?)
4. Embryo...it sounds like Bauhaus, and Sakurai got censored for using the word "vagina."
5. Foolish...tell me what album it's on, and I'll give you a cookie.
6. seraphim...you've only ever heard the title because it's on 13kai wa Gekkou. But I bet it's the track you always skip...unless you're just too lazy to bother!
7. Desperate Girl...Hoshino's Spanish-guitar riffs from the late 80's are not to be missed.
8. Stay Gold...wait, Buck-Tick have a song called Stay Gold?
9. Zero...the spoken-word thing is awesome! But if "awesome" isn't enough for you fangirls...the lyrics are dirty!
10. Trans...something about it reminds me of Galaxy Express 999.
12. Death Wish...this song was unbelievably catchy and yet no one paid attention.
13. Lizard Skin no Shoujo...Imai used the words "spirited away," "mosquito netting," "capitalists," "distended," and "forest of hanging" all in one song, while Sakurai put a black scarf on his head and danced around like a fool, but all anyone remembered was him licking Imai's shoe in "Sasayaki."
14. The World is Yours...boring PV, but one of the darkest, most mature songs on the Aku no Hana album. If you didn't like it the first time, give it another try.
15. Hosoi Sen...for everyone who has a thing for male singers with really low voices
16. Paradise...has anyone besides me ever noticed how much this sounds like Depeche Mode?
17. Ghost...it was about vampire sex, and yet somehow it escaped being a fangirl favorite...!?
18. Monster...Monsters and cocaine, I feel so much closer to Lady Gaga already.
19. Voo Doo...it just came out and everyone has already forgotten it.
20. Motel 13...only the best song ever...that no one ever talks about!
Now I realize that by using the words "vagina" and "cocaine" in the same post, this is going to run afoul of internet censors. Judging by the large number of delighted little children at their concerts, Buck-Tick are perfectly family-friendly...but one couldn't call them exactly "clean" (you knowww what I mean...oh zing! If you didn't catch that reference get off my blog now! Just kidding.)