1.1.10

寿記 05.07.09 07/01/09 NHK Hall

The first of the two days.

As the tour went on, we fine-tuned our sets and staging.

The stage has a great atmosphere. It's gorgeous.

As the tour went on, I got more nervous about my performance and guitar-playing.

Concentration is very important.

I even start to worry about how I hold my pick.

The more shows I play, the more nervous I get.

Why, I wonder? It's a mystery to me, I don't get it myself.

But, I have to let myself enjoy performing.

One theme of the memento mori album and tour is "dance."

It doesn't matter what kind.

Just get into it with your whole body, even if you're just kicking your leg up and down, or stepping with your feet.

If you feel good, it's even okay to just stand and stare.

If you get excited, it's OK.

When I play "message" or "coyote," I just stand there, but I'm still excited.

If you're having fun, it's OK.

Today, the burners we used for special effects on "memento mori" (the things that spit out the flames) increased in number. I had to check their positions before the rehearsal.

The staff member in charge of the burners saw my costume and said, "You could be in trouble with that! It's gonna get fried! You're gonna burn!" I started laughing and got really excited.

"...it's not something to get excited about!"

"...but, I'm not gonna burn, yo"

"...well, if you catch on fire, do something about it...please!"

The pressure was on. It made everything sexier!

The torches on 'Carnival' also had a great vibe.

The lighting for 'Tenshi wa dare da' got more hyper, and made everyone more excited.

It was really a great show.

After the show, I went out for Italian with Yoko-chan, and Morio, the bassist from Lucy who isn't Eiki-chan, along with a number of other friends.

It was Morio's first B-T live. He raved about the memento mori album!

But he said he didn't like the title song.

Well, we talked about a lot of things. Mostly Mori did the talking, though.

.

.

Also, the picture of me and Yoko-chan has nothing to do with anything. It was taken in the winter a few years ago...I think.

The silver skull cane is the one Sakurai-san was using on stage.

IMAI 6:03AM

1 comment:

  1. Haha xD Thank goodness his costume didn't catch fire! And it was such a lovely costume by the way ♥ Thanks for your tanslations! ^^
    Gabe

    ReplyDelete

How have you been heart feeling?