5.11.10

Solaris Translation


Solaris
Lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi
Music: Imai Hisashi

Then one day I’ll become a butterfly
Then one day I’ll fly into the sea
Then one day, one day I will meet you
Then one day, love will come to me

Is there something you’re wishing for
In the season of goodbye

Then one day, you’ll become a fish and
Then one day you’ll swim into the sky
Then one day, this dream will be over
Then one day, you will close your eyes

There is something I’m wishing for
In the season of goodbye
God, oh please give me a dream

Let me oh let me oh let me dream
Even if it’s an illusion
Far in the morning when I awake
I know I’ll see you in a dream

Tiny so tiny are you at last
Vanishing into the heavens
Love yeah, with your love, a love so vast
I feel you eveloping me

There is something I’m wishing for
In the season of goodbye
God, oh please give me a dream

Dream yeah a dream yeah give me a dream
Even if it’s a delusion
Far in the morning when I awake
I know I’ll see you in a dream

Tiny so tiny are you at last
Vanishing into the heavens
Love yeah, with your love, a love so vast
I feel you eveloping me

Note: Solaris is a very famous science fiction novel by Polish writer Stanislaw Lem. The novel was inspired by Lem's thoughts about "xenobiology," or alien life forms. The novel focuses on human scientists studying the planet Solaris, which is entirely covered by a sentient ocean. Solaris and the scientists fail to communicate in a way that leaves the scientists examining their own humanity. The novel has been dramatized on film multiple times. The most famous of these is the 1972 film by Andrei Tarkovsky, though a more recent version was made in 2002, starring George Clooney.

These lyrics are 100% singable with the original melody. If they come across with just the slightest tinge of religious undertones, that is not Sakurai's fault or intention, it's the fault of centuries of religious writing in the English language that I cannot erase just by waving a magic wand.

Also, for the record, all the photos used to illustrate the Razzle Dazzle song translations are copyright Cayce, excepting the photos for "Kuchizuke," "Dokudanjou Beauty," "Django!!!" "BOLERO," and "Razzle Dazzle."


Solaris
作詞:櫻井敦司
作曲:今井寿

ある日 喋喋になって
ある日 海をゆく
ある日 君と出会って
ある日 愛を知る

お願いがあるの さよならの季節

ある日 魚になって
ある日 空をゆく
ある日 夢が終わって
ある日 目を閉じる

お願いがあるんだ さよならの季節
神様 夢を

夢を見せておくれ 幻でもいい
目覚めの朝遥か 夢で会えるね

小さな 小さな君はやがて空になり
大きな 大きな愛で僕を包むよ

お願いがあるんだ さよならの季節
神様 夢を

夢を 夢を見せて 幻でもいい
目覚めの朝遥か 夢で会えるね

小さな 小さな君はやがて空になり
大きな 大きな愛で僕を包むよ


Solaris
Lyrics: Sakurai Atsushi
Music: Imai Hisashi

Aru hi chouchou ni natte
Aru hi umi wo yuku
Aru hi kimi to deatte
Aru hi ai wo shiru

Onegai ga aru no sayonara no kisetsu

Aru hi sakana ni natte
Aru hi sora wo yuku
Aru hi yume ga owatte
Aru hi me wo tojiru

Onegai ga arunda sayonara no kisetsu
Kami-sama yume wo

Yume wo misete okure maboroshi de mo ii
Mezame no asa haruka yume de aeru ne

Chiisa na chiisa na kimi wa yagate sora ni nari
Ooki na ooki na ai de boku wo tsutsumu yo

Onegai ga arunda sayonara no kisetsu
Kami-sama yume wo

Yume wo yume wo misete maboroshi de mo ii
Mezame no asa haruka yume de aeru ne

Chiisa na chiisa na kimi wa yagate sora ni nari
Ooki na ooki na ai de boku wo tsutsumu yo

13 comments:

  1. copyrighted photos? why? is there anybody who wants them or what? maybe someday i will search for Solaris in the library . Thank You for the translation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the translation

    Cayce, got a question:

    You know, in Gekka Reijin there is part (2 phrases in the middle of the song) were Sakurai is really forcing his voice in a unusual way (never heard it before in a B-T song). On cd it sounds great. But did he actually sung that part of the song live?

    I was just wondering.

    Oh, and am I the only one thinking Razzle Dazzle gets better the more you listen to it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ i killed bambi
    It's by way of saying that the photos are my original work.

    @ Angel Tears
    I think you are talking about the bridge for Gekka Reijin, but he isn't really forcing his voice there and he has used that technique before. The only places in Razzle Dazzle where I notice he is forcing his voice are on the chorus of Hamushi no You ni (Imai should not have made him do that) and the high notes of Django (I enjoy the effect there.) His vocal technique is actually quite good and he's been singing unusually well on the tour so far. A lot less brass, a lot more falsetto. He wasn't doing so well on the Memento Mori tour but he's completely recovered now and he has excellent control over the falsetto, gives me shivers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ''forcing'' might not be the right word to describe it, but you know what i mean by that (my English vocabulary is just limited).

    Anyways, in which songs did he use that technique before? I would like to listen them. Ive only listened the albums from Razzle Dazzle to Sexy Stream liner, and ive never heard this kind of voice from him.

    And ye, his singing on the Memento Mori tour was kinda off. At least on the live dvd. There were loads of songs (like Tenshi wa dare da) where you can hear the cd for the singing parts, instead of mainly Sakurai (if you know what i mean).

    ReplyDelete
  5. did it took lot of sweating to make those pictures? and what will You do if some -steals- it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about sweating, though taking this particular one did require being up in a plane over the Kamchatka Peninsula. I don't know what anyone would steal it for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @I killed Bambi, ''did it took lot of sweating to make those pictures?'', your not serious hm?

    Whatever the quality of your pictures are, its good to notice the fact that you made them by yourself, Cayce.

    I killed Bambi, nothing will happen if you steal these pictures. Its not like your gonna get sued :')

    Just refer to Cayce when you post them. Quitte simple. Why would you do that? To support Cayce.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just think it's boring if it's all text and no pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Cayce! Thanks for the translation. I get tired just thinking how much Japanese I still have to study... :(

    Well, do you have any idea when the video clip for Solaris will be released, as well as the for the others songs from Razzle Dazzle? Since I live in Brazil, the only place where I see the videos are at YouTube. As far, I have only seen the Kuchizuke and the Dokudanjou Beauty videos.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buck-Tick most likely won't be making official PVs for Solaris or the other tracks on the Razzle Dazzle album; for the most part, they only release PVs for singles (though they did make PVs for all the tracks on Aku no Hana and Six/Nine.) Eventually I feel sure there will be a live DVD of the Razzle Dazzle tour and then there will be live clips to enjoy. Probably they will film the Razzle Dazzle hall tour final at the Nippon Budoukan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You for the inteligent answers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I know that maybe this comment is kinda pointless, but I have to say it anyway THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH! :'D I know that you do the translations because you love the band, but is really so kind of you to share it with all of us (people who doesn't understand japanese) really when I found your site it helped me a lot and encouraged me to keep on following the group even If I'm not a japanese speaker.And now this translations of the last album T-T I tought that I would have to wait for months to find one, and that maybe it wouldn't be so reliable as yours.So thank you really for all your hard work, and for sharing ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Solaris is one of my favorite books, I was so happy when I heard they made a song named Solaris <3
    thanks for the beautiful translation <3

    ReplyDelete

How have you been heart feeling?